I’m sure you have heard of Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, the famous weight loss surgeon that has helped many people lose hundreds of pounds in just one surgery. However, do you know all about him? I bet not! In this blog post, I am going to talk about 12 stunning facts about Dr. Younan Nowzaradan that are bound to shock and surprise you!
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, or Doctor Now as his patients call him, is one of the most well-known and beloved doctors after Dr. Who, Dr. Kimble, and Dr. Oz. We met him thanks to My 600-lb Life on TLC. His magnificent stethoscope, his wonderful face that is not lacking in compassion, his sadness when required, and his dyed hair entered our lives and we adored him.
Why did Dr. Younan Nowzaradan immigrate to the United States?
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan immigrated to the United States because he saw an opportunity to help people with obesity and he believed in the American dream.
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan is a bariatric surgeon who has helped countless people lose weight and improve their health. He is Iraqi-born, but he moved to the United States because he saw an opportunity to help people with obesity and believed in the American dream. In his own words, “The United States is a country that gives everyone a chance.”
“The scale does not lie, people do.”— Dr Younan Nowzaradan
In this piece, I’ve attempted to put together the information you want to know about Doctor Nowzaradan and what we believe you’ll find interesting them all.
Undoubtedly, Steven Assanti was one of the most difficult patients for Dr. Younan Nowzaradan. Steven and Justin participated in the My 600-lb Life program twice. Justin was hugely successful and started a more smooth and peaceful life, but Steven didn’t do the same. We have prepared a special article for the Assanti brothers. You can click the relevant link to read.
1. Younan Nowzaradan Is originally from Iran.
Nowzaradan was born and raised in Tehran, Iran, and is an Assyrian. In 1970, he graduated from the University of Tehran with a Doctor of Medicine degree. He has approximately 20 years of experience in laparoscopic surgery and six years in Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery. Nowzaradan is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Houston, Texas who works at several local hospitals. He’s currently affiliated with Houston Obesity Surgery in Houston, TX and practices there.
2. Dr. Now married Delores in 1975, whom he divorced in 2002 because of the busy workload, and they had three children.
He was married to Delores McRedmond for 27 years, until their divorce in 2002. The couple had three children together. After the marriage, she had quit her job and looked after Dr. Nowzaradan’s mother.
3- The producer of his show, My 600 lb Life is his son.
Jonathan Nowzaradan, his son, is a director and producer for My 600-lb Life. He also produced Shipping Wars and Half Ton Teen.
4. Dr. Younan Nowzaradan earns an average of $ 4 million a year.
And he mostly deals with patients over 200 kg who are not accepted by other doctors and have a high risk of death.
5. He is not only a surgeon but also a great motivator.
He deals with not only physiological but also psychological problems of his patients. Although he is an extremely calm, cheerful person, he does not forget to be a tough one when it is necessary.
6. Despite his harsh reactions in some places, Dr. Younan Nowzaradan does exactly what he should do without exceeding the limits.
He has an adorable, calming, extremely kindhearted person, and his golden stethoscope is his trademark.
7. His patients respect and listen to him. This attitude is also an important factor for patients to be more successful.
His aura when he enters a patient’s room is incredible. His presence is enough to make the patient think about their deeds.
8. Dr. Now’s sincere and firm manner is another reason we love him. The success of these stubborn and challenging patients requires such a well-mannered man.
He asked a patient who gained weight instead of losing why this happened, and when the patient said that the scale might be wrong, he left the room saying, “then do not argue with me, discuss with the scale”.
9. Dr. Younan Nowzaradan is a very frank person. He can say that they will not be alive next year if they do not lose weight to a patient without even thinking.
Someone who can say that the effects of this on patients are generally positive.
10. He criticizes his patients’ eating habits rigorously, and he does not hesitate to hospitalize them for months when he deems it necessary.
11. He can not tolerate arrogant patients. He cannot stand people who are making excuses.
12. He puts severe pressure on patients, but never overwhelms them.
He does not say; he always leaves the decision to them because this is their life.
Last Updated on December 10, 2022 by Lucas Berg